1. Preheat the oven to 350℉
2. Get a large baking dish and place the sliced apples in the bottom
3. Sprinkle the apples with teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
4. Place the boneless pork chops on the apple slices
5. Season layered apples and pork chops with salt and pepper to taste
6. Take a saucepan and heat it over medium heat
7. Mix butter and brown sugar. Ensure the butter and sugar have melted and are well combined by whisking the mixture
8. Add the remaining cinnamon and nutmeg into the mixture then stir
9. You can add cornstarch into this mixture to make the glaze thicker. However, this step is optional
10. Pour the sugar – butter mixture on the pork chops and the sliced apples
11. Place the layered apple pork chop in an oven and bake for around 40 minutes. Before removing the meal from the oven, ensure the pork is fully cooked
12. Sprinkle the baked pork chop and sliced apples with minced rosemary
13. Enjoy your meal!
You can serve this meal with pear and green salad. For your green salad you can add avocados, grape tomatoes or sliced mushrooms.
There you have it, easy to make, delicious and healthy meal. Now you can look forward to and enjoy your dinner with apple pork chop bake. You won’t be disappoint with this delicious meal and you will always enjoy it.
4-6 boneless pork chops
2-3 apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/4-1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, optional
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Fresh rosemary, minced, garnish.
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Place sliced apples in the bottom of a large baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
Place pork chops on top of apple slices and season generously with salt and pepper.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter and brown sugar, whisking until melted and incorporated, then stir in remaining cinnamon and nutmeg.
Also whisk in cornstarch, if using. (Cornstarch isn’t essential, only for if you want a thicker glaze.)
Pour mixture over pork chops and apple slices, then place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until pork is cooked through.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh rosemary and enjoy.