The ultimate hearty breakfast recipe made from scratch is homemade country sausage gravy recipe with flaky buttermilk biscuits. It’s one of the simplest country-style recipes you can make at home, and it’ll quickly become a family favorite!
You can learn how to make this quick and easy creamy sausage gravy with heavy cream in a cast-iron skillet with simple step-by-step instructions. You’ll have the best homemade creamy gravy with just a few simple ingredients!
- 1 lb. Mild ground breakfast sausage
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ⅓ C. All-purpose flour
- 3 C. Whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Biscuits
How To Make Sausage Gravy Recipe:
- Brown the meat completely in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add the flour to the skillet and stir to combine well. Lower the heat to medium.
- Mix in salt and pepper to taste as well as the garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Whisk in the whole milk, and continue to cook until the gravy has thickened.
- Serve over biscuits.